Prison de Joseph: book reviews?

  • David Lorton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2009
      This inquiry has to do with a book that appeared in print several years ago:

      Alain-Pierre Zivie, La Prison de Joseph: l'Égypte des pharaons et le monde de la Bible (Paris: Bayard, 2004)

      I'm wondering whether any reviews of this volume have appeared, preferably in English but also in any western European language, either in print or on the Web.

      Things can happen slowly in Near Eastern Studies, of course. A couple of weeks ago, I posted this inquiry to a discussion group for Egyptologists, and I got no response at all. So I'm addressing it now to the ANE-2 list in the hope that something has appeared in a biblical studies venue.

      Please address responses to me off list. Thank you in advance for your help.

      David Lorton
      Baltimore, MD
    • Robert Feather
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2 2:16 AM
        I have not yet seen a review of the Alain Zivie book, but do have a copy. It was copyright 2003 so reviews, if any, would have been earlier, and most likely in French.

        regards.
        Robert Feather