Archaeology-Conflict of interest disclosure

  • Joe Zias
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009
      Dear Colleagues, in the world of hard science where I publish from time to time on ancient disease and related items, we are frequently asked to sign a  legally binding disclosure in which all authors are obligated to disclose any funding, research  etc anything which in any way is related to the research under discussion. This levels the playing field, insures a fairer peer review by others and prevents anyone writing in such a way as to further the agenda of those funding the project or profiting from the outcome of the paper.  On occasion these issues come up, does anyone out there know of any journal dealing with archaeology in which one is asked to sign such a disclosure. I'm not talking about non-disclosure contracts which some film makers ask colleagues to sign.

      Joe Zias

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem