Re: [ANE-2] Looking for Salonen Article

  • Michael F. Lane
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
      I too would be very interested in seeing this publication!

      -- Michael F. Lane

      > I'm looking for an article for a library patron. It's the following:
      >
      > Erkki Salonen, "Loan Words of Sumerian and Akkadian Origin in Arabic,"
      > Studia Orientalia 51/7 (1981)
      >
      > We have Studia Orientalia 51. This article is listed in the table of
      > contents, but it is in brackets and there is a note that says: "(Private
      > publication only)". The article does not actual appear in the volume.
      > Would anyone happen to have a copy of this article which they could send
      > to me?
      >
      > Please reply off list.
      >
      > Many thanks,
      >
      > Foy Scalf (scalffd@...)
      > Oriental Institute

      Dr. Michael Franklin Lane
      Mycenaean Landscapes Project (MYLAPRO)
      Ancient Studies Department
      Fine Arts Building, Room 452
      1000 Hilltop Circle
      Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
      Tel. +1-410-455-6265 / Fax +1-410-455-1660
    • Robert M Whiting
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
        Foy, have you found a copy of the article yet? If not, Simo Parpola has a
        copy and I can scan it an send it to you. I probably won't be able to get
        to it until Monday though.

        Bob

        On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, fdscalf wrote:

        > I'm looking for an article for a library patron. It's the following:
        >
        > Erkki Salonen, "Loan Words of Sumerian and Akkadian Origin in Arabic,"
        > Studia Orientalia 51/7 (1981)
        >
        > We have Studia Orientalia 51. This article is listed in the table of
        > contents, but it is in brackets and there is a note that says: "(Private
        > publication only)". The article does not actual appear in the volume.
        > Would anyone happen to have a copy of this article which they could send
        > to me?
        >
        > Please reply off list.
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Foy Scalf (scalffd@...)
        > Oriental Institute

      • Michael F. Lane
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
          Dear Bob,

          If you do succeed in copying it, would you be so kind as to send me a copy
          too?

          Best,

          Michael Lane