Looking for Salonen Article

  • fdscalf
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
      I'm looking for an article for a library patron. It's the following:

      Erkki Salonen, "Loan Words of Sumerian and Akkadian Origin in Arabic," Studia Orientalia 51/7 (1981)

      We have Studia Orientalia 51. This article is listed in the table of contents, but it is in brackets and there is a note that says: "(Private publication only)". The article does not actual appear in the volume. Would anyone happen to have a copy of this article which they could send to me?

      Please reply off list.

      Many thanks,

      Foy Scalf (scalffd@...)
      Oriental Institute
    • Michael F. Lane
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
        I too would be very interested in seeing this publication!

        -- Michael F. Lane

        > I'm looking for an article for a library patron. It's the following:
        >
        > Erkki Salonen, "Loan Words of Sumerian and Akkadian Origin in Arabic,"
        > Studia Orientalia 51/7 (1981)
        >
        > We have Studia Orientalia 51. This article is listed in the table of
        > contents, but it is in brackets and there is a note that says: "(Private
        > publication only)". The article does not actual appear in the volume.
        > Would anyone happen to have a copy of this article which they could send
        > to me?
        >
        > Please reply off list.
        >
        > Many thanks,
        >
        > Foy Scalf (scalffd@...)
        > Oriental Institute

        Dr. Michael Franklin Lane
        Mycenaean Landscapes Project (MYLAPRO)
        Ancient Studies Department
        Fine Arts Building, Room 452
        1000 Hilltop Circle
        Baltimore, MD 21250, USA
        Tel. +1-410-455-6265 / Fax +1-410-455-1660
      • Robert M Whiting
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
          Foy, have you found a copy of the article yet? If not, Simo Parpola has a
          copy and I can scan it an send it to you. I probably won't be able to get
          to it until Monday though.

          Bob

          On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, fdscalf wrote:

          > I'm looking for an article for a library patron. It's the following:
          >
          > Erkki Salonen, "Loan Words of Sumerian and Akkadian Origin in Arabic,"
          > Studia Orientalia 51/7 (1981)
          >
          > We have Studia Orientalia 51. This article is listed in the table of
          > contents, but it is in brackets and there is a note that says: "(Private
          > publication only)". The article does not actual appear in the volume.
          > Would anyone happen to have a copy of this article which they could send
          > to me?
          >
          > Please reply off list.
          >
          > Many thanks,
          >
          > Foy Scalf (scalffd@...)
          > Oriental Institute

        • Michael F. Lane
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
            Dear Bob,

            If you do succeed in copying it, would you be so kind as to send me a copy
            too?

            Best,

            Michael Lane