Re: [ANE-2] Re: Death of Ariel Szczupak

  • Beatrice Hopkinson
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2009
      Apparently he became interested in archaeology when he was a young boy.
      I also thought he was perceptive when he came to see me and after holding
      a Beveled Rim Bowl in his hand he noted it was much lighter than a
      platter found at the same site.

      Beatrice Hopkinson

      maeira@...

      >Ariel will be missed by the members of the Tell es-Safi/Gath
      >Archaeological Project as well. Ariel participated in the excavations
      >about 10 years ago, and since then has been avidly interested in the results.
      >
      >Chaval de-Avdin ve-de-lo mishtakchin.
      >

      >Aren Maeir

      Beatrice Hopkinson,
      Hon. Secretary Los Angeles Branch, Oxford University Society
      Board Member, American Institute of Archaeology
      President, Droitwich Brine Springs and Archaeological Trust
      Affilliate, Cotsen institute of Archaeology, UCLA
      (beahopkinson@...)

      818 766 7780