Re: [biblical-studies] concerning archaeologists and the media

  • arenmaeir
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
      Brian,
      If you would follow the relevant professional publications (or, for example, see partial list here [http://gath.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/updated-bibliography-on-tell-es-safigath-project-2/%5d), you would see that the Tell es-Safi/Gath Excavation Project has generated tens of publications since the beginning of the project, including general summaries published in various places, several disserations and theses, publications on specific finds, and discussions of various topics and themes. In addition, our first volume of final reports (actually two volumes with 29 chapters) is going to press at the beginning of 2010.

      Sorry - but you will have to blame others for lack of publications...

      Aren Maeir
      Tell it at Gath
    • Brian Yare
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
        Aren

        Thank you
        2010 is good news. Others take longer

        Brian yare

      • intentionme
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
          In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "arenmaeir" wrote:

          >the Tell es-Safi/Gath Excavation Project has generated tens of publications since the beginning of the project, including general summaries published in various places, several disserations and theses, publications on specific finds, and discussions of various topics and themes. In addition, our first volume of final reports (actually two volumes with 29 chapters) is going to press at the beginning of 2010.

          Aren,

          As a rank amateur archeology fan, I'd like to personally thank you for maintaining such a great website on your digs. When the season was open, I'd check your blog daily for the latest findings. If others would emulate your format, the pundits would have to find something else to complain about. Please keep the great communication open.

          Sincerely,
          Jordan Wilson
        • cejo@uchicago.edu
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
            I also think Aren's doing a great job.

            And this offers the opportunity to remind people of the feed aggregator:
            Taygete Atlantis: Excavation Blogs (Antiquity)
            http://planet.atlantides.org/taygete/

            whenever we discover a feed from an excavation blog we add it. So let us know if we're missing
            something, and add this feed to your own feed reader. If your own project doesn't yet have a blog
            start one!

            -Chuck Jones-
            New York "...a city where more than 7 million people live in peace and enjoy the benefits of democracy"
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
              That, by the way, is a slogan of WNYC Radio from the 1940s or 1950s, which some years ago they found in the archives and repeat (in the original recording) every so often.