Re: [ANE-2] Biblical linguistics query

  • David Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2009
      In English the general word for the St. Peter's fish is tilapia a term that means neither nursing fish nor comb shaped finned fish unless you know the habits and shape of the fish and can associate them with the word tilapia.  There have been studies published by British, Israeli, Syrian, Egyptian, and other sources about the fish.  The British Museum published a large volume about tilapia.  Members of its family exist in north and central Africa, Lake Tiberias in Israel, and the Jordan River.  At one time these were also reported in Syria.

      David Q. Hall