WAC in Ramallah

  • cejo@uchicago.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2009
      Would anyone who was present care to comment on the academic content of this week's World
      Archaeology Inter-Congress in Ramallah
      (http://www.worldarchaeologicalcongress.org/events/wac-congresses-mainmenu-43/249-wac-inter-congress-in-ramallah-august-2009).

      -Chuck Jones-
      New York
    • Miller, Robert
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2009
        My comment is "How did we miss this?" With all the lists I'm on, I
        can't figure out how I didn't hear about this and be there!

        The International Advisory Board is certainly of the highest caliber.
        Many of the archaeologists presenting are very good -- Adel Yahya, Walid
        Sharif, Mahmoud Hawari, Yorke Rowan, Nazmi al-Jubeh are all ones whose
        work I know; the others are not familiar to me. Some of the papers look
        very interesting, such as the new work being done on Taanach and its
        cuneiform tablets. I hope the conference is published.

        Bob Miller
        Catholic University of America