Giza Occasional Papers 1 Now Available

  • fdscalf
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2009
      Giza Occasional Papers 1 Now Available

      GOP 1: Preliminary report for the 2004 field season. From the introduction:
      "Our 2004 field season began on January 8, 2004, and drew to a close on May 31, 2004. It was AERA's first major season of the GPMP after our 2003 "study season," which was a break after our Millennium Project—three years (1999–2002) of intensive clearing, mapping, and excavation of the ruins of the site called Heit el-Ghurob (HeG), Arabic for "Wall of the Crow," a local name for this tract of ground after its most defining feature, the 200-m-long stone wall on the northwest of the site (fig. 1). The 2004 season was in a sense the final push of our Millennium Project, because we added to the map of the "Lost City of the Pyramids" site the Western Town, a major component of the overall settlement consisting of a series of large house-like structures."

      AERA's Giza Occasional Papers are now available free online. Read about the Giza Plateau Mapping Project and their 2004 field season. View maps and learn what areas have been excavated.

      To read the online version of GOP 1, click here: http://www.aeraweb.org/gop.asp.

      For the price of $10.00, plus shipping, you can receive a hard copy of the GOP 1.

      To order a hard copy of GOP, please e-mail Jim Schnare (schnare@...)

      Posted by Foy Scalf (scalffd@...)