Re: [ANE-2] Persia, Egypt, Babylon

  • Ariel L. Szczupak
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
      At 08:26 AM 8/5/2009, Clark Whelton wrote:
      >[...] If I had to bet, I'd say the problem stems from an inflated
      >chronology that gave rise to dark ages, intermediate periods and ad
      >hoc explanations for missing evidence. [...]

      Sounds familiar. Let's see ... here:

      >At 09:30 AM 2/27/2006, Ariel L. Szczupak wrote:
      >At 19:25 26/02/2006, Clark Whelton wrote:
      >[...]
      >Please not Heinsohn again :(

      :(

      Ariel.

      ---
      Ariel L. Szczupak
      AMIS-JLM (Ricercar Ltd.)
      POB 4707, Jerusalem, Israel 91406
      Phone: +972-2-5619660 Fax: +972-2-5634203
      ane.als@...
      ---
      http://yvetteszczupakthomas.blogspot.com/
      http://undiamantbrut.blogspot.com/
    • David Hall
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
        I have not accomplished much in Persian period research, thus I incorrectly described this cylinder after I read a few web pages about it this morning.  Thanks for correcting me.  I have read Layard's writtings and one rare book published by Rassam.  Layard was a self-educated archaeologist and author who later won a seat in the British parliament.

        David Q. Hall

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2009
          And, if I may be allowed to add: Please not Velikovsky again!

          David Lorton
          Baltimore, MD