Re: [ANE-2] Re: Absence of Evidence

  • RUSSELLGMIRKIN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 148 , Jul 25, 2009
      And yet at the dawn of probability theory the mathematician D'Alembert
      thought that the probability that a coin would come up heads at least once in
      two coin tosses was 2/3, since the three possibilities were that it would
      come up once, twice, or not at all..

      Russell Gmirkin

      It is very simple to calculate the odds of a fair coin falling heads up,
      50%. It doesn't matter how many previous coin tosses you have made or how
      they turned out, the odds are always 50%.

      **************A bad credit score is 600 & below. Checking won't affect your
      score. See now!
      (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585106x1201462830/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgI
      D=62&bcd=JulyBadfooterNO62)

    • Lisbeth S. Fried
      Message 148 of 148 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hi David,

        I’ve seen it argued that it is not Darius, but a Saitic king, and Darius just added his name.

        I don’t have the references with me now, as I’m in Israel at the WCJS.

        All the best,

        Liz

        Ann Arbor, and Jerusalem

        _____