Re: [ANE-2] The First Historians?

  • Graham Hagens
    Message 1 of 132 , Jun 23, 2009
      --- On Mon, 6/15/09, Jascha Kessler <jkessler@...> wrote:

      >I think Hagens means "composers," not *compositors. ..*who are those who set
      >type for printing, as is still done in parts of the world.

      Prof Jascha Kessler, UCLA

      Thanks Jascha.
      yes of course 'composers' is better.
      but 'compositors' is interesting too in this context.  The OED gives an alternative definition of this word as 'the compiler of a literary work (rare M16)'  Obscure, but perhaps relevant to as complex a compilation as the HB

      Graham Hagens

      Recent Activity
      Visit Your Group

      Yahoo! News
      Get it all here
      Breaking news to
      entertainment news

      Yahoo! Groups
      Everyday Wellness Zone
      Check out featured
      healthy living groups.

      Yahoo! Green
      Make It Green
      Submit ideas to
      better our planet
      .

    • frankclancy
      Message 132 of 132 , Jul 24 2:12 PM
        A case of Heineken - who cares? But a case of Guiness and I would purchase a new spade!! Gad!! Frank Clancy