Re: Yanoam in Transjordan? (was: Seti I and Yanoam)

  • stefanjakobwimmer
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 23, 2009

      > Also, if I recall, Stefan Wimmer has recently published a short article on and additional Egyptian stela from SE Syria, and mentioned an additional one that just came out. Right now I can't access my bibliography, but it is somewhere out there.
      >
      > Aren Maeir
      > Still-no-Egyptian-Stelae-at-Gath

      On the article Aren mentioned, see ANE2 Message # 10517.
      The article is online as pdf:
      http://www.stefan-jakob-wimmer.de/3ICAANE_wimmer.pdf
      (I suggested there that the newly found stela from at-Turra, near Tell esh-Shihab, might strengthen the latter's option for being identified with Yenoam.)

      In the postscriptum to this article I announced that I would prepare a note on an even newer Ramesside inscription from near Damascus. Upon request by the Director of Antiquities and Museums of Syria, I have withdrawn that paper from the upcoming issue of "Goettinger Miszellen", pending the publication of the new inscription. (I do hope, though, that my draft has reached the person entrusted with the publication - I sent it to Director Dr. Bassam Jamous - and that it might prove useful to her/him.)

      Stefan Wimmer
      University of Munich