Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary 12.1 2009 appeared

  • Gerald A. Klingbeil
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 1:36 AM
      Please excuse cross-posting

      Dear colleagues,

      we are happy to report that the first issue of 2009 of the peer-reviewed
      /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/ has just appeared. With this issue
      we are finally up-to-date with our publication schedule. As always, we
      welcome submissions and (believe it or not!) subscription requests.

      Please see the official publication announcement and the included table
      of contents and feel free to share it with interested colleagues.

      Gerald

      The Theological Seminary of the /Adventist International Institute of
      Advanced Studies/ is proud to announce the publication of the first
      issue of volume 12 (2009) of the /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/
      (ISSN 1908--4862), formerly /Asia Adventist Seminary Studies/ (ISSN
      0119--8432), a peer-refereed academic journal, focusing on biblical and
      theological research. This particular issue contains an engaging mix of
      biblical, hermeneutical, and theological research from international
      scholars as well as a number of helpful critical book reviews. We
      encourage interested scholars and institutions to subscribe either
      directly or via EBSCO. The second issue of volume 12 (2009) should
      appear in October/November of 2009. As always, we welcome submissions to
      the journal from all interested scholars.

      For editorial queries, submissions or subscription requests please contact

      Editor /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/

      AIIAS

      P.O.Box 038

      Silang, Cavite 4118

      PHILIPPINES

      Or electronically:

      / editor.jaas@.../ (Gerald A. Klingbeil, editor)

      / assoc.ed.jaas@... /(Mathilde Frey, associate editor)

      / review.jaas@.../ (Michael Sokupa, book review editor)

      manager)

      / periodacq@... /(Diana Park, Journal Exchanges)

      The Table of Contents for /JAAS/ 12.1 (2009) includes the following:

      Hannah K. Harrington (1--17)

      "What is the Purpose of Ritual Ablutions in Ancient Judaism?"

      James H. Park (19--35)

      "Overcoming Internal Barriers: The 'Conversion' of Ananias and Peter in
      Acts 9--10"

      Marcus B. Witzig (37--50)

      "The Great Controversy in the Buddhist World: A Suggestion for an
      Adventist Approach Towards Buddhism"

      Ricardo A. Gonz´┐Żles (51--72)

      "Ellen G. White's Views on Church Order: The Early Years 1849--1854"

      Gerald A. Klingbeil (73--92)

      "Summing Up a Life's Work: Some Recent /Festschriften/ in Biblical and
      Ancient Near Eastern Studies"

      Thesis and Dissertation Abstracts (93--97)

      Critical Book Reviews (99--110)

      /Echoes of Scripture in the Letter of Paul to the Colossians, /by
      Christopher A. Beetham. BINS 96. Leiden: Brill, 2008. Reviewed by
      Mxolisi Michael Sokupa (99--103)

      /Christianity among the Religions of the World, /by Carlos G. Martin.
      Lanham: University Press of America, 2007. Reviewed by James H. Park
      (103--105)

      /More than Meets the Ear: Discovering the Hidden Contexts of Old
      Testament Conversations/, by Victor H. Matthews. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans,
      2008. Reviewed by Chantal J. Klingbeil (105--107)

      /E. J. Waggoner: From the Physician of Good News to the Agent of
      Division, /by Woodrow W. Whidden II. Hagerstown: Review & Herald, 2008./
      /Reviewed by Aecio E. Cairus (107--110)

      Subscription rates for 2009 have remained the same and are as follows:

      International Annual Subscription

      Individual: US$30.00

      Institutional: US$45.00

      Local (Philippines) Annual Subscription

      Individual: PhP500.00

      Institutional: PhP750.00

      --

      Gerald A. Klingbeil, D.Litt.

      Dean of the Theological Seminary

      Professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies

      Editor /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/

      Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies

      P.O.Box 038, Lalaan 1

      Silang, Cavite 4118, Philippines

      office: +63-46-414-4330

      home: +63-46-414-4409