Re: [ANE-2] Sexual orientation and the ANE

  • Christian Bogh
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 24, 2009
      To everyone thanks again for providing the bibliography for this subject.
      Also off-list!

      To those of us who can read Danish I've found an essay on greek
      homosexuality that I believe to be very good in Fremmed og Moderne: Glimt af
      antikken i Europa (2005) (~ roughly (my silly translation)..: The Estranged
      and the Modern: Impressions from the Classical Age and Contemporary Europe)
      from Aarhus Universitetsforlag (Aarhus University Publishing House).

      Readers may find Ole Thomsen's essay interesting: Græsk Homoseksualitet:
      Tendenser i udforskningen af antikkens græske erotik (46pp).

      It takes up Foucault, Bethe, Dover, Halperin and others also brought up
      here.

      best,
      Christian Bogh
      stud.teol