Re: The Times and Prof. Elior offer Essenes oblivion TBA Ink

  • dastacey62
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 23, 2009
      Beatrice, Of course. The ink was apparently derived from oak gall. I have never seen oaks growing near the Dead Sea. Quercus ilex certainly grow in the Galilee although there may be some closer. The article referred to by Goranson assumed the bromine was introduced by mixing with water from near the Dead Sea. Qumran certainly had enough rain water with which to mix ink and it would be bizarre for someone to go all the way to either the sea itself or to Ein Feshka for water unless it can be shown that it was, in some way, beneficial. On the other hand all organic substances buried near by seem, quite naturally, to have absorbed Dead Sea salts......

      David Stacey