Re: [ANE-2] Aliases of raphael golb and the Gay Crowd at Qumran

  • joezias@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2009
      I too would receive anon. e-mails from someone calling himself G. Hudson, on everything from Qumran to Masada. At one point he wrote that I didn't really exist, and accused me of being someone else, however as the other person was more literate that I, I took it as a compliment. Below is one of his rantings on Qumran, i.e the men there died quite early, which is correct, and according to Hudson the reason why, 'they were gay or bi-sexual. I wrote back, not all that bad according to Woody Allen, as 'it doubles your chances of getting a date on Saturday night'. Hudson never replied back for a while.

       Apologies to WA and the folks there at Qumran, circa first century BCE and CE.

      "Life Span
      The only epidemiological study to date of the life span of gay men
      concluded that gay and bisexual men LOSE UP TO 20 YEARS OF LIFE
      EXPECTANCY."

      I presume this figure allows for loss of life expectancy for all sexually transmitted diseases.
      It would be interesting to see the figure not including deaths from
      AIDS.  Nevertheless, the article descibes  (sic) how homosexual practices
      cause loss of immunity even without AIDS. So Joe, it seems to me that
      they were the cause of the premature deaths at Qumran."

      Geoff"

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem