Re: [ANE-2] One step backward for mankind

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      Please don't post links saying, in effect, "Here's an interesting article" without saying what the article is about.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2009
        Hi, I think the subject says it exactly.

        Eliot Braun, Ph D
        PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
        Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096

        Please don't post links saying, in effect, "Here's an interesting article" without saying what the article is about.
         --
        Peter T. Daniels grammatim@verizon. net
        ____________ _________ _________ __
        This article may be of interest to some on the list, although it does not deal precisely with the ANE

        http://www.nytimes com/2009/ 02/27/science/ 27foot.html? ref=science

      • Robert M Whiting
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2009
          On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, eliot braun wrote:

          > Hi, I think the subject says it exactly.

          Yes, well, I expect that's because you know what the article is about.
          Personally, I haven't got a clue what it's about except that being
          familiar with your interests I suspect it's about prehistory rather than
          undoing the moon landing.

          There are those among us who still access the net with a 56K modem or some
          other method that means paying for the time used online and who do not
          want to spend the time/money downloading an article in the blind that they
          may have no interest in. On the other hand, they may be willing to take
          the time/expense for something that is in their line of work or research.

          We agreed a couple of years ago that it is common courtesy here to provide
          a substantive description of links to online material. It doesn't have to
          be extensive, but it is not an unreasonable request that it is something
          more descriptive than "One step backward for mankind".

          Bob Whiting
          whiting@...