One step backward for mankind

  • eliot braun
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      This article may be of interest to some on the list, although it does not deal precisely with the ANE

      http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/27/science/27foot.html?ref=science

      Eliot Braun, Ph D
      PO Box 21, Har Adar 90836 Israel
      Tel 972-2-5345687, Cell 972-50-2231096

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
        Please don't post links saying, in effect, "Here's an interesting article" without saying what the article is about.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4 12:10 AM
          Hi, I think the subject says it exactly.

           --
          Peter T. Daniels grammatim@verizon. net
          ____________ _________ _________ __
          This article may be of interest to some on the list, although it does not deal precisely with the ANE

          http://www.nytimes com/2009/ 02/27/science/ 27foot.html? ref=science

        • Robert M Whiting
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4 6:48 AM
            On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, eliot braun wrote:

            > Hi, I think the subject says it exactly.

            Yes, well, I expect that's because you know what the article is about.
            Personally, I haven't got a clue what it's about except that being
            familiar with your interests I suspect it's about prehistory rather than
            undoing the moon landing.

            There are those among us who still access the net with a 56K modem or some
            other method that means paying for the time used online and who do not
            want to spend the time/money downloading an article in the blind that they
            may have no interest in. On the other hand, they may be willing to take
            the time/expense for something that is in their line of work or research.

            We agreed a couple of years ago that it is common courtesy here to provide
            a substantive description of links to online material. It doesn't have to
            be extensive, but it is not an unreasonable request that it is something
            more descriptive than "One step backward for mankind".

            Bob Whiting
            whiting@...