9152Re: [ANE-2] Golan trial

  • Joe Zias
    Nov 2, 2008
      The James, son of Yosef, brother of Jesus ossuary was not in the shop
      of Deutsch but was found 'sitting on the throne' at Oded Golans
      residence where it was accidentally discovered by the IAA. For a photo
      of the 'throne' go to www.joezias.com and one can see it sitting there
      where it was found. According to the Egyptian who worked for Golan, the
      one outed by 60 minutes, he cleaned  it there as Golans dog was peeing
      on it' (Burleighs "Unholy Business p. 208) whereas Golan claimed that
      his mother had cleaned it. What I find absurd about this is SJ's remark
      when his doc. was shown here in Jrsm that we in the profession did not
      accept the ossuary as we were in fact showing an 'anti-Christian bias'
      and then the Egyptian reported that Golans dawg was peeing on it all
      the time. Anything for a buck and then they come out with the Talpiot
      tomb after accusing us of having a anti-Christian bias.

      Meanwhile the trial goes on....

      Joe

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem
      Jerusalem, Israel

      From: Jack Kilmon <jkilmon@historian. net>

      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups. com

      Date: Saturday, November 1, 2008, 1:21 PM

      There is no convincing evidence that the inscription is in two different

      hands. There is no variation between scripts outside of the range of

      variancein letters for a scribe working in stone rather than on skin,

      particularly this type of stone that has variable substrate anomalies. I

      see even wider varianceon a few hundred other ossuarialinscriptio ns, all

      done by single inscribers, both literate and illiterate.

      The "shake and bake" method of faking patina cannot possibly fool a

      competent analyst.

      My position has never waivered for 6 years. If there is genuinely ancient

      patina in the insciption itself, the inscription is genuine, regardless of

      an idiotic attempt to clean it and its abuse by the morons in whose hands

      the box fell. . That simple.

      Jack Kilmon