9144Re: SV: [ANE-2] Qeiyafa inscription 'ALT`S

  • Ariel L. Szczupak
    Nov 2 4:01 AM
      At 01:38 PM 11/2/2008, Niels Peter Lemche wrote:

      >Ariel,
      >Either you are pulling our legs or you have to do some reading of
      >the Hebrew Bible. In the first case nothing to say, in the last case
      >the Decalogue is in Exod 21 and Dtn 5.
      >
      >Shouldn't be necessary to say this

      I did put a smiley there ...

      More in general, everyone who has gone through the Israeli education
      system, even in its present sorry state, would know that the
      prohibitive commandments start with "L)" (/lo/), not with ")L" (/al/).

      As for people using translations, it's always a good idea to check
      the Strong numbers of the actual words used in specific passages (and
      there are plenty of web sites which provide those). That would reduce
      confusion between, e.g., ")L" (Strong 408) and "L)" (Strong 3808).

      But I do have to accept blame for not adding a smiley to my last
      sentence in that message, ")L T($N" referring to the well known
      addiction of Iron Age youth, smoking olive pits in bongs. :) <--- smiley.

      >Niels Peter Lemche

      Ariel.

      ---
      Ariel L. Szczupak
      AMIS-JLM (Ricercar Ltd.)
      POB 4707, Jerusalem, Israel 91406
      Phone: +972-2-5619660 Fax: +972-2-5634203
      ane.als@...
      ---
      http://yvetteszczupakthomas.blogspot.com/
      http://undiamantbrut.blogspot.com/