9123Re: [ANE-2] Golan trial

  • Jack Kilmon
    Oct 31, 2008
      From: "David Hall" <dqhall59@...>
      To: <ANE-2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 2:28 AM
      Subject: [ANE-2] Golan trial

      > The Haaretz newspaper summarized some of the prosecution's evidence
      > against Golan and those alleged to have carried out anitquities forgery,
      > updated August 23, 2008:
      >
      > http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/974483.html
      >
      > One person involved in the case has already been convicted of criminal
      > guilt.
      >
      > David Q. Hall
      > dqhall59@...

      To me it is not all that complicated as far as the James Ossuary is
      concerned. Yuval Goren testified that there is indeed ancient patina in the
      latter part of the inscription. My position since 2002 has been that
      simple. If there is genuinely ancient patina in the entire inscription, the
      box is entirely genuine.

      http://www.bib-arch.org/news/forgery-trial-news.asp

      This does not mean that Golan is innocent of manufacturing forged artifacts,
      only that this ossuary was not one of them. I also do not believe the
      pomegranate is one of them either.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      San Antonio, TX