      From: Jack Kilmon <jkilmon@...>
      Subject: Re: [ANE-2] RE: the case for the Jehoash Inscription
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 10:08 AM

      ----- Original Message -----

      From: "Niels Peter Lemche" <npl@.... dk>

      To: <ANE-2@yahoogroups. com>

      Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:42 PM

      Subject: SV: [ANE-2] RE: the case for the Jehoash Inscription

      > I think it has definitely been shown that forgery techniques have

      > improved

      > considerably but yet again, the greater majority of artifacts are

      > unprovenanced. I don't think we can afford to dismiss them out of hand

      > if

      > they are potentially important epigraphs and archeometry and

      > paleography/ orthography concur.

      >>>I am totally puzzled by this thing.

      > Jack Kilmon <<

      > Dear Jack,

      > I see no other options than to reject such material, or we are totally

      > at the mercy of intelligent forgers. In a perfect world, yes, OK, but

      > this is not a perfect world.

      > Niels Peter Lemche

      I wish there was another option....maybe there is. The tactic the idiot IAA

      takes, however, won't cut it. Their zeal to send forgers to jail for a

      billion years is OK but not their tactic to prosecute and smear innocents

      like Drs.Deutsch and Eshel just for the publicity.

      A very important piece of unprovenanced epigraphy will almost certainly rise

      up from private hands again.

      Never a dull moment.

      Jack Kilmon