6488Query: citation on Sumerian field inspection

  • Michael F. Lane
    Nov 4 9:12 AM
      Dear all,

      I'm trying to track down citations on the evidence that Sumerian fiscal
      officers
      inspected (visually) land areas and crops in the field in order to estimate
      harvest yields and estimate taxes due accordingly.

      It seems to me that I've seen something about his somewhere, but it's
      eluding me
      right now. I recall someone referring me to a part of OBO 160/3, but that
      volume is not available to me at the moment.

      The request is fairly urgent, so I would be most grateful to anyone who
      can put
      me on the right track.

      All best regards,

      Michael F. Lane