6472Re: Tel Zayit in the news

  • funhistory
    Nov 2, 2007
      > In the end it's an alphabet. What's there to interpret?
      > Kevin P. Edgecomb

      The abecedary inscription on the stone is an alphabet, but there is
      plenty of evidence for other inscriptions having been on it as well--
      several fragments are clearly visible, but only 1 was presented in
      BASOR 344. Those are open to interpretation. Also the 2 zigzags are
      open to interpretation. Also the placement of the stone in the wall is
      open to interpretation. Where it might have been before being placed
      in the wall is open to interpretation. Also the placement of the
      abecedary opposite the concave side (rather than in it) is open to
      interpretation.

      I have an extensive review of BASOR 344 in preparation with my own
      drawing; I'll let you know when it's online (I'll be donating the
      drawing to the evil "W").

      George Michael Grena, II
      Redondo Beach, CA
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic