6031Re: New Theory on the Evolution of Egypt

  • Martín Segovia
    Sep 10, 2007
      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "B. Andelkovic" <B.Andelkovic@...>
      wrote:

      >it pretty
      >much looks like the very same thing (i.e. power struggle of
      individuals),
      >and accordingly, can hardly be perceived as "new".

      Dear Dr. Andelkovic,

      Thank you for your detailed reply.

      From what you write I confirm the views I
      got from other readings, that all those
      approaches you mention analyze the conflicts
      to expand power among chieftains, but I
      don´t see there the very beginning, how
      those people ++started++ changing things
      in their own communities to get the process
      going, how and why and what allowed the
      rise of these fellows over their kin
      rupturing all traditions and old social
      bonds, how they managed to do so and how
      that can be appreciated in the archaeological
      record in prehistoric Egypt, that is what
      I see of new in this approach and not
      repeating all over the discovery of
      America.

      And I understand that Bard later dissociated
      herself from earlier views she shared with
      Carneiro because the circumscription model
      didn´t seem to apply to Egypt then with plenty
      of fertile land for everybody.

      Respectfully yours,

      Martin Segovia
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic