      By

      Sebastian Brock

      The Syriac Culture and Heritage

      Saturday July 14, 2007 at 7:00 PM

      Assyrian Orthodox Church of the Virgin Mary, 644 Paramus Rd, Paramus, NJ

      Complimentary refreshments and book signing to follow the lecture

      Sebastian Paul Brock (born 1938, London) is acknowledged as the foremost and most influential academic in the field of Syriac language today. He is a former Reader in Syriac Studies at the University of Oxford's Oriental Institute and currently a Professorial Fellow at Wolfson College. Sebastian Brock completed MA degrees at the University of Cambridge and Oxford, and a DPhil at Oxford. He is the recipient of a number of honorary doctorates and has been awarded the Medal of Saint Ephrem the Syrian by our Patriarch His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas. His latest publications include The Wisdom of St. Isaac of Nineveh, The Bible in the Syriac Tradition, Ephrem the Syrian: Select Poems, and An Introduction to Syriac Studies.

      George A. Kiraz

      George A. Kiraz, M.St. (Oxon), M.Phil., Ph.D. (Cantab)
      President Gorgias Press LLC / Gorgias Digitization
      46 Orris Ave., Piscataway, NJ 08854
      Tel. +1 732-699-0343
      Fax +1 732-699-0342
      http://www.gorgiasp <http://www.gorgiaspress.com> ress.com