5264Re: [ANE-2] Re: Depopulation of Northern Israel

  • Robert M Whiting
    Jun 1, 2007
      On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, E Bruce Brooks wrote:

      > China, or certain parts of it, between 0770 and 0400 seems to show a process
      > of incorporation of the lower population into the same system as the
      > previously rather separate stratum of the upper or military elite
      > population. If so, then the condition at the early end of the process might
      > will be, or be in the direction of, a counterexample.
      > Anybody have another?

      Ever read William Jennings Bryan's "Cross of Gold" Speech?

      I tell you that the great cities rest upon these broad and fertile
      prairies. Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities
      will spring up again as if by magic. But destroy our farms and the
      grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.

      Not what you'd call scholarship, but still it has a certain compulsion to

      Bob Whiting
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic