      From: Doug Petrovich <nbtsdp@...>
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, 31 May, 2007 12:42:37 PM
      Subject: [ANE-2] Re: Depopulation of Northern Israel

      Dear All,

      Listers have yet to address the heart of Daniel's question, which is the
      invasion under Shalmaneser V. While not attempting to address his question
      as this point, I would point out that while Shalmaneser V would be the
      Assyrian king to have invaded, Sargon II would be the one to have deported
      them.

      So for Daniel's sake, perhaps we can stray away from the Babylonian
      invasion(s) of the southern kingdom, and move back into the realm of the
      Assyrian invasion of the "northern" kingdom.

      Doug Petrovich
      Novosibirsk, Russia