4953Re: Akkadian Textbooks

  • Christopher Conlan
    May 3, 2007
      Ideally you would want to use "A Grammar of Akkadian" by John
      Huehnergard, however, this volume can be rather expensive. A good
      substitute would be Richard Caplice "Introduction to Akkadian",
      published by the Pontifical Biblical Institute.

      Both books are available on Amazon.com.

      Christopher Conlan

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "carl_ehrlich" <ehrlich@...> wrote:

      > Dear Colleagues,
      >
      > One of my students would like to learn some Akkadian in an independent
      > study course under my tutelage. Since, however, it has been a couple
      > of decades since I learned my Akkadian (using Riemschneider and
      > Borger), I am wondering what my more up-to-date colleagues would
      > recommend as an introductory textbook (preferably relatively
      > inexpensive and in English or French).
      >
      > With thanks in advance,
      >
      > Carl Ehrlich

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic