386Re: Urusalim (was Re: SV: [ANE-2] Solomon and Ur-Salimu)

  • Robert Whiting
    Mar 1, 2006
      On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Giuseppe Del Monte wrote:

      > Photos of EA 287 (and of many other EA tablets
      > from the VaM Berlin) are published in:
      >
      > http://amarna.filol.csic.es/amarna/Tablillas/

      Thank you for pointing out this marvellous resource. I had been searching
      the net for photographs of Amarna texts, but without large-scale success.

      > Line 25 has a lot of space for an additional KI;
      > it's not lack of space the reason for the omission.

      Yes, this was always a non-starter, especially since it required a desire
      for a justified right margin. Such justification may be characteristic
      of copies of literary texts for archives or libraries or of monumental
      inscriptions, but not of everyday texts such as letters, contracts, or
      administrative texts. There are exceptions, of course, to both
      categorizations, but the Amarna texts that I have seen did not seem to
      be exceptional in this regard.

      Bob Whiting
      whiting@...
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic