3777Re: [ANE-2] Re: Richard Steiner and the London Medical Papyrus

  • Andrew Fincke
    Jan 31, 2007
      "We will pass over to the pyramid inscriptions. These inscriptions, written in the picture-script (that is hieroglyphics) represent the the earliest collection of religious Egyptian texts we have. They are etched on the inner walls of a number of pyramids, one of which is the pyramid of King Unas in Skara(?). Unas reigned in the 24th century B.C., but scholars think the texts were composed before his time."
      Andrew Fincke

      Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir@...> wrote:
      On 1/31/07, Andrew Fincke wrote:
      > Sorry, Ariel,
      > I guess I meant "hieratic" instead of "Demotic". I got confused when
      > Steiner - in the intro to his lengthy speech in Hebrew - gave an account of
      > his work

      On page 2, Prof. Steiner describes the Pyramid Texts, written in hieroglyphs
      (next to last paragraph on that page). It's easy to miss, especially
      if you want
      to do away with the introduction and get on to the substance of the speech.

      Yitzhak Sapir
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic