      Fra: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] På vegne af Bea Hopkinson
      Sendt: 1. januar 2007 07:04
      Til: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Emne: Re: SV: SV: SV: [ANE-2] Ancient Nationlism?

      Niels,

      My apologies for entering this discussion as a layman - but just as
      a matter
      of logic how can you follow definitions and models slavishly if they
      overlap? That would obviate a 'restrictive model followed slavishly'
      wouldn't it ?

      >But the whole thing is a good example that you should follow definitions
      >and models slavishly, as everything overlaps

      You also say elsewhere:
      >One thing anthropology and sociology taught me was the indefinite variety of
      human >
      >behaviour, including institutions established by human beings. It provided a
      lot of >
      >choices I might never have seen without this knowledge.

      Given "the indefinite variety of human behaviour" would this not suggest
      that restrictive models could NOT be followed slavishly?

      Wishing you and yours the best for 2007,

      Beatrice Hopkinaon