3003Re: SV: [ANE-2] weavers

  • David Lorton
    Dec 5, 2006
      Peter T. Daniels wrote:

      > NPL -- note that they're talking about H o r n e r (a modern American) and not H o m e r.
      >
      > Screen fonts are sometimes not all they need to be.
      > --
      > Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...

      And how often have we seen wording along the lines of "click on this
      link for more information" . . . in sans serif type . . . with very
      tight letter spacing.

      A propos of this topic of homosexual weavers (or kings, or whoever) . .
      . is it really appropriate, on this scholarly list, for people to be
      interpreting biblical texts solely on the basis of English-language
      translations? And with no citations of relevant literature in any of
      the major languages of scholarship in our fields?

      David Lorton
      Baltimore, MD
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic