30Re: [ANE-2] The God Haldi

  • victor avigdor hurowitz
    Feb 16, 2006
      DDD would have no reference to Haldi because no one has suggested that he
      is mentioned in the Bible, which is the criteria for inclusion in DDD.
      I mentioned in a previous email which seems not to have arrived at
      ANE-2 that Haldi is the Urartean god mentioned
      in Sargon's 8th campaign. That inscription contains a very detailed
      Kultinventar of Haldi's temple and also mentions a Mrs Haldi, Bagbarta
      i$tar$u (l. 423; I call her affectionately Big Bertha).
      Victor