2070Re: [ANE-2] Re: Egyptian Camel SUMERIAN TEXT 3rd dynasty Ur traded with Bahrain and Oman

  • Bea Hopkinson
    Aug 2, 2006
      David,

      It's difficult to speculate on something that doesn't exist, but
      another
      thought is that the piece WAS hollow and the slot was meant to allow steam
      from the clay to escape as well as for something to be inserted.
      Depending on
      the size of the slot it could have been a 'money' box...for tokens that
      is :)

      Beatrice Hopkinson
      Hon. Secretary Los Angeles Branch, Oxford University Society,
      President, Droitwich Brine Springs and Archaeological Trust
      Board, Archaeological Society of America, Los Angeles

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic