1964Re: [ANE-2] "Tablets of Shuruppak"

  • Tomas Marik
    Jul 12, 2006
      Shuruppak is the ancient name of Fara. For an exhaustive overview see
      Manfred Krebernik, Die Texte aus Fara und Tell Abu Salabih, in: Josef
      Bauer - Robert K. Englund - Manfred Krebernik, Mesopotamien.
      Späturuk-Zeit und Frühdynastische Zeit, Freiburg - Göttingen 1998 [OBO
      160/1], pp. 237-427.
      Their obscurity is obviously based on the fact that these texts contain
      the very first (ED IIIa) attestations of a Semitic language (e.g.
      personal names, loanwords in Sumerian, words in wordlists and even the
      first literary text), all of the grammatical stuff points to Akkadian.

      Tomas Marik
      tomas.marik@...