      Fra: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com]
      Sendt: 19. maj 2014 10:46
      Til: ane-2@yahoogroups.com
      Emne: [ANE-2] mat hatti

      A question I would have asked dear Avigdor z"l if he were still with us:

      How long was the currency of the geographic term "mat hatti"? Was it still in use in the Babylonian and Persian periods (references please)?

      Is it plausible that a Bab. or Persian period Judean scribe, who was educated in Mesopotamian literary tradition, would be familiar with the term?

      Thanks,

      Cynthia Edenburg

      Cynthia Edenburg, PhD

      Dept. of History, Philosophy and Jewish Studies

      The Open University of Israel

      1 University Road

      Rana'ana 43107, ISRAEL

      http://www.openu.ac.il/Personal_sites/cynthia-edenburg/