15149Re: Data on Egyptian and Mesopotamian weights

  • richardwsproat
    Aug 25, 2013
      For those interested, I now have the data for all of the Indus Weights (that I could find), available, plus a (very) preliminary analysis here (includes a link to the data):

      http://rws.xoba.com/indus_weights/IndusWeights.pdf

      Richard Sproat
      New York

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "richardwsproat" <rws@...> wrote:

      > I am in the process of making electronic versions of all of the published data tables on Indus Valley weights with a view to analyzing to what extent they are indeed more accurate than contemporaneous weight systems, as is often claimed.
      >
      > I'd like to have equivalent data on Egyptian and Mesopotamian weights. For Egyptian weights I know about Petrie's work though I haven't yet seen the original papers, and Hemmy's analysis of Petrie's data (though that doesn't give the raw data).
      >
      > Can anyone suggest some good sources for data tables for weights from these two regions? Of course if the data already exists in electronic form that would be even better.
      >
      > Please respond to me offline: I will summarize on the List if there are enough responses.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Richard Sproat
      > New York, NY

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic