15026Re: [ANE-2] Licit Antiquities Trade

  • Robert
    Jul 16, 2013
      I wonder.
      Is art, such as paintings by Rubens, Botticelli, Picasso, Chagall or
      sculptures by Michelangelo, Celini, Moore, to
      mention just a few, are they not also cultural heritage ?

      I wonder.
      There is no need in preventing selling such "artifacts" ?
      Don't they have to be only in Museums (or as is
      the case with the majority of the works of art) be in museums storage ?

      I wonder.
      Why an ancient Hebrew seal looted from a grave is
      cultural heritage and is not to be sold (and of course published),
      but a 15th century Gutenberg Bible can be freely circulate on the market

      I wonder.

      Robert Deutsch
      Tel Aviv