14972Re: [ANE-2] "The Biradical Origin of Semitic Roots"

  • Brian Colless
    Jul 9, 2013
      I had a Hebrew teacher who played with this idea. He pointed me to KRT and KTB,

      This set of examples is one I have assembled, and it seems to extend beyond Afrasian:

      KT/QT. = 'cut'
      KTB 'inscribe'; KRT 'cut'
      QT.B 'cut down'; QT.N 'small'; QT.L 'kill"

      Brian Colless
      Massey University, NZ