      Fra: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] På vegne af Peter T. Daniels
      Sendt: den 3 mars 2013 15:16
      Til: ANE-2 list
      Emne: [ANE-2] emic/etic

      Toward the end of one of his long postings on "Palestine," Niels Peter recently used the terms "emic" and "etic."

      I wonder what they mean to him?

      ("The usual use by scholars of X" would not be a helpful answer. The terms arose in linguistics almost 150 years ago and have been reinterpreted many times.)
      Jersey City