14686"his seed is not"

  • Lisbeth S. Fried
    Feb 25 8:30 AM
      Dear All,

      The Mernepthah stele says about Israel that "his seed is not."

      I always thought it referred to Israel's progeny, that there won't be future
      generations.

      Now I read that it refers to grain silos!

      Which is correct?

      Thanks,

      Liz

      Lisbeth S. Fried, Ph.D.
      Department of Near Eastern Studies
      and the Frankel Center for Judaic Studies
      University of Michigan
      202 S. Thayer -- Room 4111
      Ann Arbor, MI 48104
      <http://www.lisbethfried.com> www.lisbethfried.com

      I sent (too much) rain on one city, and sent no rain on another city; and
      still you did not return to me, says YHWH. (Amo 4:7-8 )