      From: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Joseph I. Lauer
      Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 12:37 PM
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: maeira@...
      Subject: Re: [ANE-2] Re: FW: [agade] SAD NEWS: Victor Avigdor Hurowitz
      (1948-2013)

      Just over four years ago, after he sent me a picture of him standing
      with Dr. Avi Hurvitz, I asked Victor (in an e-mail) what was written in
      cuneiform on his sweater vest.
      He answered, "The vest says "Mr. A-wi-ig-dur", same things as is on my
      kippah."
      I cherish the many years of correspondence I had with him on many
      subjects and miss his wit and wisdom.
      May his family and many friends find some consolation in happy memories.
      Yehi Zichro Baruch!

      Joseph I. Lauer
      Brooklyn, New York