14634Re: Sanitation, stormwater and wastewater technologies in ANE

  • cookies4gudea
    Jan 8, 2013
      Dear Aldo,

      There's one book with a special focus on that topic, but published in German. It gives a very good overview and can guide you to further literature:

      Hemker, C. (1993) Altorientalische Kanalisation. Untersuchungen zu Be- und Entwässerungsanlagen im mesopotamisch-syrisch-anatolischen Raum. Abhandlungen der Deutschen Orient-Gesellschaft 22, Münster.

      With kind regards,
      Simone Mühl
      Inst. of Near Eastern Archaeology, University of Munich

      --- In ANE-2@yahoogroups.com, "imbros03" wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I will appreciate if somebody can provide some references regarding sanitation, stormwater and wastewater technologies in ANE.
      >
      > Is anyone aware if these topics have been referred in proverbs, king letters or other ANE "literary" works?
      >
      > I have already collected material from the following publications:
      >
      > - Alizadeh A (2008) Chogha Mish II. The development of a prehistoric regional center in lowland Susiana, southwestern Iran. Final Report on the last six seasons of excavations, 1972â€"1978. Oriental Institute Publications, vol. 130, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL
      >
      > -Delougaz P, Hill HD, Lloyd S (1967) Private houses and graves in the Diyala region. Oriental Institute Publications, vol. LXXXVIII, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL
      >
      > -Ludwig W (1977) Mass, sitte und Technick des Bauens in Habuba Kabira Sud. In:Margueron JC (ed) Le Moyen Euphrate, zone de contacts et d’échanges, Actes du Colloque deStrabourg, pp. 63â€"74
      >
      > -Stordeur D (2000) L’espace villageois d’El Kowm 2-Caracol. Organisation, limites et traditions architecturales. In Stordeur D (ed) El Kowm 2 : une île dans le désert â€" La fin du néolithique précéramique dans la steppe syrienne.CNRS Editions, Paris, pp. 87â€"94
      >
      > -Vallet R (1997) Habuba Kebira ou la naissance de l’urbanisme. Paleorient 22/2:45â€"76
      >
      > -Stone E, Zimansky P (2004) The Anatomy of a Mesopotamian City. Survey and Soundings at Mashkan-shapir. Eisenbrauns
      >

      > Best Regards,
      >
      > Aldo Tamburrino
      > University of Chile

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic