1454Re: [ANE-2] SV: on the date of the Pentateuch

  • PETER DANIELS
    May 3, 2006
      Jim West <jwest@...> wrote: Giovanni Garbini's excellent (and unfortunately overlooked) monograph, "I Filstei", addresses the archaeological remnants of Philistine society in the third chapter and the fourth. I don't recall if it's been translated. But everyone should read Italian- it's the new German for scholars of ancient Israel. ;-)

      Garbini is often "overlooked" -- because so much of what he writes is just so wacky. Going all the way back to "amorreizzazione" in the 1950s.
      from an undisclosed social location
      but if you want my geographical location for some reason, it's Jersey City