      From: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of Joe Zias [joezias@...]
      Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:12 PM
      To: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ANE-2] Qumran pottery question

      During that 70's a synagogue in CA had a a scroll jar which had been taken out of the country illegally Dr. Brian the director saw it and believed it was a forgery and had it rtn to Jerusalem . I opened the crate along with workmen and they laughed and said a poorly made forgery . While doing some film work last month I saw what looked like the jar once again, in Bethlehem. Anyway, it's been around for over 40 yrs.

      Joe Zias

      Joe Zias www.joezias.com
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem