      From: Joe Zias <joezias@...>
      To: "ANE-2@yahoogroups.com" <ANE-2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 8:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [ANE-2] Qumran pottery question

      During that 70's a synagogue in CA had a a scroll jar which had been taken out of the country illegally Dr. Brian the director saw it and believed  it was a forgery and had it rtn to Jerusalem .  I opened the crate along with workmen and they laughed and said a poorly made forgery .  While doing some film work last month I saw what looked like the jar once again, in Bethlehem. Anyway, it's been around for over 40 yrs.

      Joe Zias

      Joe Zias http://www.joezias.com/
      Anthropology/Paleopathology

      Science and Antiquity Group - Jerusalem