Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

14326RE: [ANE-2] choroplastique

Expand Messages
  • Trudy Kawami
    Jul 2, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      This is a term used (at times) to describe the study of small clay figures, usually produced in quantities from molds.

      Trudy S. Kawami

      From: ANE-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ANE-2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter T. Daniels
      Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 11:18 AM
      To: ANE-2 list
      Subject: [ANE-2] choroplastique

      Can anyone tell me what the French art historical and archeological term "choroplastique" means? It doesn't seem to have a dictionary entry anywhere; google shows a handful of occurrences suggesting it refers either to very small figurines or the material they're made of.

      What is the English for this?

      (It's also a term in biochemistry, but that doesn't help.)
      Peter T. Daniels grammatim@...<mailto:grammatim%40verizon.net>

      Jersey City

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic