13157Re: [ANE-2] Max von Oppenheim/Tel Halaf/Sculptures

  • Mario Fales
    Feb 2, 2011
      Thanks to Chuck Jones for the interesting bibliographical suggestion. On my
      part, I recommend the vast catalogue by Nadja Cholidis and Lutz Martin
      (Eds.), * Tell Halaf. Im Krieg zerstoerte Denkmaeler und ihre Restaurierung,
      * Berlin, Walter de Gruyter 2010, which was on sale at the Rencontre
      Assyriologique in Barcelona last summer, but is still reasonable at the full
      price of some 130 �, since it bears 500 pp. in A3 format with hundreds of
      b/w photos, maps, etc., and 131 color plates, as well as a parallel Cd.ROM.

      F. Mario Fales
      University of Udine